Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day!

Whelp, I truly have not been trying to hide this fact. The subject has just not come up with most of you. I'm sure you would like to know though so I guess I'll tell...

There actually is someone out there that is willing to put up with me. So far at least. We will see how things continue, but right now she is willing to be called my girlfriend. Some of you may know her, some of you may not. But I've known her since I started going to Malone college in the fall of 2000. She is an absolutely amazing girl. I used to have a line and I still use it now and then, that "it will take an amazing woman of God to put up with me." She is an amazing woman of God so we will just have to see how things continue to develop in our new relationship together in Christ.

What's great about this relationship that is being formed, is that it all started in the right places. We met as friends in Christ and continued to become friends through the Malone Commuter Bible Study that a lot of us hung out and did many activities together. We joke now about all the friends from that group that have or are getting married. What was in the donuts and juice/milk we were drinking with that group? But it started there and has continued in a friendship. She graduated with a degree in Youth Ministry and a minor in Outdoor Ministry (I think it was a minor! Forgive me if I've got that wrong.) That's right down my alley if I ever finish out my 10-year plan for college. Our interests are highly compatible in the outdoor adventuring. In fact, I've got more to learn from her then I'll be able to share.

Her heart is in the right place. It's sold out for Christ and living for Him. If it wasn't for that, then there would be no way she could have the grace and love for me that she bears. No human could love me on their own, it takes an act of God. :)

Today, I'm thankful for her. I praise God for the way things have developed. I ask that He continues to lead both of our lives and that our focus always remains on Him. In Him we will know if there is something more to become of it. In Him we will abide and never be without His love. The only true love we ever need.

Happy Valentine's Day Renae Graham!

Here is a picture of her for those of you that don't know her:

4 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dangit, and here i was hoping you would renew your proposal to me when you came back... haha! but it is kind of funny in light of my most recent email. guess we can only talk about stuff like that if you're dating someone!!

oh and yes nat, my response to reading this was also awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you David! Thank you for making my Valentine's Day very special. However, I think your Valentine wish to me proves who truly is the amazing one. You! :)

Renae

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger David said...

You may be right about that one Nat.

You said you are biting your lip on something else to say? That made me remember one of your other love lines that I just shared with people here and they are laughing about.

"My love for you is like diarrhea, I just can't hold it in."

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to update your Blog? Some of us are still interested in what is going on with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home